Pop Art Lab presents its first ever photography contest in Second Life™
17th- 31st October 2011
Music and photography have always been natural artistic partners. Think of all the seminal musical moments in history captured through a lens: the concert performances, candid shots of rock stars behaving badly and behind the scenes images that show rock n roll history in all its gritty glory.
Now in its third year in Second Life, Pop Art Lab is inviting photographers from across SL to unleash their artistic vision as part of our anniversary celebrations. If you love taking photographs and like music- we want you to enter!
It’s up to you to decide what is in your shot, but the Pop Art Lab sim must be shown in some way. Apart from this, the creativity is all yours!
The top three winning images will all receive a cash prize, plus they will be seen by real life global record labels, recording artists and media companies who we work with in both worlds.
The prizes are as follows:
1st Prize Winner: L$15,000
2nd Prize Winner: L$10,000
3rd Prize Winner: L$5,000
How to enter
1) First join our group in Second Life by searching for: West Coast Pop Art Experimental Lab (this is where all notices and information on this contest will be posted).
2) Visit our sim to find inspiration and a good location to take your shot:
3) Take any type of image you like. There is no restriction on themes and you can include avatars, props etc. The only thing we ask is that some part of the Pop Art Lab sim is featured in your work and is clearly visible
4) Upload your shot to the Pop Art Lab flickr group, with your name and any other information in the description box.
1) All entrants must join our SL group and flickr group to complete their entries
2) Shots MUST feature the Pop Art Lab sim in some way
3) There is no restriction on themes: you have complete freedom to choose composition-anything goes!
4) If you need rezz rights at our sim, contact Claus Uriza
5) Post processing such as Photoshop is allowed
6) By submitting your entry, you give permission for Pop Art Lab to use your images in SL, on its website and for real life promotional purposes
Claus Uriza: CEO RL & SL Pop Art Lab
Persia Bravin: Marketing Manager RL & SL Pop Art Lab
About Pop Art Lab
Pop Art Lab is a real world music research company that is exploring the use of virtual words such as Second Life as alternative music performance venues. Each week, we stream up to twenty new CD releases from world famous recording artists full length and 24/7 from our class 5 sim, so SL residents can listen to fresh music releases from all genres of music.
We also invite real life musicians, DJs and record labels into SL to encourage creative collaboration; we produce a TV music series in partnership with Treet.TV, and work with machinima makers, virtual artists and many other content creators for mutual benefit.
With a full range of services available, and a team of professional staff, Pop Art Lab is blurring the boundaries between the real and virtual. One recent music video contest gathered over one million hits and as we move into the future, our plans are to expand our activities and services in both worlds.
Above all, our mission is to make music social: by using virtual worlds such as Second Life, people can enjoy music with others from across the globe-and all in real time.